Prof. Magdalena Prinster de Botto
REVISITING THE CONCEPT OF TEST WASHBACK
The aim of this presentation is to address issues such as:
- the washback effect of teaching and testing
- what the effects on the feelings and attitudes of teachers and students are
- factors influencing the degree of washback
- definition of kinds of washback: textbook washback, washback to the programme, washback to parents
- dissecting the complexity of washback : differences between interwashback and intrawashback
Prof. Mariel Amez
EDUCATION IN THE XXI CENTURY: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
What does it mean to be an educator in an age of change? Can we make any decisions, or should we resign ourselves to inevitable developments? Is Communicative Language Teaching relevant to contemporary needs? This presentation will explore these and other related issues, looking into the potential of digital technologies to bring about transformative innovation in our classrooms.
Tuesday October 4th
Prof. Mónica Pérez
STAMMERING AND THE KING´S SPEECH: A NEW FOCUS ON AN OLD PROBLEM
The Oscar-winning film The King´s Speech presents a compassionate view of stammering, and provides an opportunity to talk openly about this serious communication disability. Starting with a brief analysis of the latest hypotheses regarding the origin of stammering, this talk will also cover the characteristics of stammering illustrated by scenes from the film.